Student accommodation and furnished apartments in Salamanca with a full-service solution for you!
Whether you are moving to Salamanca for your studies or for a professional challenge – YOUNIQ has the best option for you!
YOUNIQ is represented by YOUNIQ Salamanca, a brand new building in the city since September 2022. Our studios and shared apartments are perfect for both students and young professionals who are looking for privacy in their own apartment and a feeling of community built thanks to our variety of communal spaces – communal kitchens, cinema, study areas, lounges, etc.
Salamanca – The Golden City
Salamanca is an ancient university town located in the Autonomous Community of Castilla and León, a gem between Madrid and the Portuguese border. Known as the “Golden City” because of the flowing golden sandstone monuments, it was declared a World Heritage city in 1988, European Capital of Culture in 2002 and City of Spanish for foreign students. It is one of the most beautiful university cities in Europe with an outstanding architectural, gastronomic, and artistic heritage.
The historical centre exhibits magnificent Romanesque, Gothic, Moorish, Renaissance and Baroque monuments.
At the heart of the city, you will find the impressive Plaza Mayor, one of the most beautiful squares in Spain, built in Baroque style, arches, decorated façades and medallions. It is the heartbeat for activity and gathering area for both locals and tourists with a variety of cafés, restaurants, boutiques, shops etc.
Salamanca: Historical University
Salamanca is one of the most popular university cities in Spain and one of the most beautiful universities in the world. Many national and international students enrol to the University of Salamanca each year, due to the prestigious courses and academic excellence reputation. During the summer period, lots of students come to the city to learn Spanish too.
There are two universities in Salamanca: University of Salamanca and Pontifical University of Salamanca.
The University of Salamanca, founded in 1218, is the first University in Spain and the third oldest University in the world (after Bologna and Oxford). In the façade of the building there is a hidden secret: a frog on a scull. The legend says that if students find it, it will give them good luck on their exams.
The private catholic Pontifical University of Salamanca was founded in 1940. The University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs, PhD, ICE courses, summer courses and Spanish Language courses.
Top attractions in the city
• Plaza Mayor
• Casa de las Conchas: Picturesque building from XV century with a unique external decoration – hundreds of sandstone shells.
• Old and New Cathedral: Salamanca has two cathedrals, an old one and a new one. The Old Cathedral was built in the XII century in the Romanesque style. The old and new cathedral are interconnected. The new Cathedral was built in Gothic-Baroque style and with a composition and ornamentation at the entrance. P.S.! Find the astronaut, the rabbit and the dragon in the facade
• La Clerecía: The Church Espíritu Santo belongs to the former Colegio de los Jesuitas which was founded in 1617 by Philip III and Margaret of Austria, in Baroque style. Climb to the clerecia towers to enjoy fascinating views of the city
• Casa Lis: Museum of Art Nouveau and Art Deco.
• Huerto de Calixto y Melibea: A 2,500 square meter garden in the old city of Salamanca. It is named for being the setting chosen by Fernando de Rojas to recreate the novel La Celestina.
Find your perfect room in Salamanca!
How to get to the city?
Salamanca is the perfect place for culture and gastronomy lovers. The vibrant city of Salamanca hosts visitors during all year round – from the university life and summer courses, to cultural events, seminars, conferences, food and wine events. A familiar city with so much to offer!
If you are travelling from abroad, you can fly to Valladolid Airport, Salamanca Matacán Airport. If you fly to Madrid Barajas Airport there are great transport links to get to Salamanca. You can take the bus at Terminal 1 car park (Avanza Bus – www.avanzabus.com,) or train (RENFE – www.renfe.es) from Madrid Barajas Airport, take the underground to Nuevos Ministerios and then transfer to Chamartin.
Telephone: +34 (923) 980002 (Monday to Friday – 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
Or if you prefer, fill out the form and a YOUNIQ member will contact you as soon as possible.